Monday 14 December 2015

Takedown tomorrow!

After nearly 2 years, what will be 3 operations and countless memories in between...

This time tomorrow I will be bag free!


Thank you to everyone who has supported me throughout my journey at This Girls Got Guts. Tomorrow will mark an exciting new chapter in life that I can't wait to start.

I've been drinking my pre-op carbohydrate drinks, and came back from London on the train today. After a lovely meal this evening with family, I'm laid chilled out with the TV winding down for an early start tomorrow.

The past 2 years have been full of happy memories - and there's been nothing I can't do with my stoma. Although I'll be glad to wave it goodbye, I'm safe in the knowledge that if for any reason I ever needed one again, life still doesn't need to have any limits.

Right now, I'm trying to keep an open mind regarding J pouch function - I know the beginning might be tricky. But I'm ready to take on whatever I'm given.

Fingers crossed for the next few days!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you are doing well. I am following your progress in earnest and happy that you havent had any accidents yet (my main anxiety). I will be having my closure in 5 weeks!
    Take care
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete